Universal Tennis (UT) has created guidelines for UTR events and UTR members to protect players, organizers, spectators, sponsors, volunteers and any other person(s) connected to any UT activity. This includes protecting the integrity of the sport. UT takes seriously its responsibility to provide a safe and inclusive environment for all participants.
Players must not:
1. Players may be banned, suspended or provisionally suspended from UT events and/or universaltennis.com should they be found to have engaged in conduct as described below (this is a non-exhaustive list):
a. Abuse: This includes any form of abuse, whether physical, verbal, sexual or any other type against an adult or child.
b. Unsportsmanlike/Detrimental Conduct: including, but not limited to, acts of violence, disrespectful behavior, cheating, illegal substance abuse, destruction of property, improper gambling activities, engaging in conduct pertaining to match-fixing, misuse of information not available to the public domain (inside information).
c. “Tanking” matches: A player shall always use their best efforts to win a match when competing. For purposes of this rule, the Referee, designated official, and/or the Chair Umpire shall have the authority to identify the behavior and end the match.
d. Improper withdrawal and/or defaults: Please familiarize yourself with the Code of Conduct and the Rules and Regulations.
2. Attempt or successfully claim the profile of a player other than their own.
3. Send inappropriate messages inside or outside of the UTR websites or apps.
4. Impersonate another player or organizer.
5. Attempt to manipulate the Universal Tennis Rating, results or data in any way.
6. Misuse of Universal Tennis brand imagery or intellectual property.
Universal Tennis has a zero-tolerance policy regarding:
1. Racism, sexism, abuse (all types and forms)
2. Tanking/less than ‘best efforts’
3. Match-fixing, inside information or any similar conduct that could bring the sport or Universal Tennis into disrepute
4. Any conduct contrary to the provisions in the UT Code of Conduct and the Rules and Regulations (both are amended time to time and at UT’s sole discretion).
If you have any questions about the above or would like to report something please send an email to: email@example.com