Universal Tennis has created guidelines for UTR Events and UTR Members to protect players, organizers, and the integrity of the sport. Violations of these guidelines will be reviewed by the Universal Tennis Safety Committee.
Players must not:
1. At any time directly or indirectly verbally abuse any official, opponent, sponsor, spectator or other person(s) within the precincts of the event site. Players may be banned from Events and/or MyUTR.com should they have complaints filed by organizers or players in relation to:
a. Unsportsmanlike conduct: acts of violence, disrespectful behavior, cheating, illegal substance abuse, destruction of property, gambling activities, match-fixing/game arranging.
b. “Tanking” matches. A player shall always use their best efforts to win a match when competing. For purposes of this rule, the Referee, designated official, and/or the Chair Umpire shall have the authority to identify the behavior and end the match.
c. Improper withdrawal and/or defaults--notice must be given to the organizer 24 hours prior
2. Violate the rules of the Tennis Anti-Corruption Program (TACP), Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (TADP) or Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU)
3. Attempt or successfully claim the profile of a player other than their own
4. Send inappropriate messages inside or outside of the UTR websites or apps
5. Impersonate another player or organizer
6. Attempt to manipulate the Universal Tennis Rating, results, or data in any way
7. Misuse of Universal Tennis brand imagery or property
Universal Tennis has a zero-tolerance policy regarding:
1. Racism, sexism, physical abuse
2. Tanking, match-fixing, manipulation of data
3. Failed background checks
4. Actions that conflict with rules and guidelines set by: Tennis Anti-Corruption Program (TACP), Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (TADP) or Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU)
If you have any questions or concerns about these rules or would like to report a violation, please go to support.myutr.com.