National Summer Points Race
Points Scoring System
Points will only be earned for singles matches played during a Flex League event with a start date between May 18th - August 31st.
Max 100 Points
- 6 points for each league played = 18 points max
- 4 points for each match completed (score is posted and confirmed) = 48 points max
- 2 points for each match won = 24 points max
- 10 points for Social post on Instagram or Facebook = 10 points max
- Post must be a photo/video at one of your Flex League matches using the tag @universaltennis and #UTRFlexPointsRace
- i.e. photo of you and opponent, match court, video of points, scoreboard, etc.
- Player must email Flex@universaltennis.com confirming the post with:
- UTR Player Profile Link (URL)
- Link or screenshot of the social post
- Instagram and/or Facebook Social Media account username
- If players are tied in the standings at the completion of the Points Race, rank order will be determined by:
1. % of games won vs. games played
2. % of sets won vs. set played
3. Verified Singles UTR Increase during Points Race
Rules and Regulations
- A maximum of 3 Flex League events will count to your Points Race total
- Only singles division match results will count toward the Points Race
- Any player who is reported to have purposely lost a match so an opponent can gain points will be subject to disqualification
- Walkovers will not count toward the Points Race standings unless the flex league manager is unable to find an additional match for that player. The player is responsible for contacting the Flex League Manager if an opponent is unresponsive or is unable to play (i.e. injury).
- Any player who is reported to have posted a match score without the match being played or completed will be subject to disqualification.
- If a player plays more than four (4) singles matches in a league session, the first four (4) matches in order of the dates played will count toward their Points Race total.
- The final date to play a match is 3 days after the Flex League session’s end date. Any matches completed after this date will count toward the player's UTR but not the Points Race standings.
- If a player registers for more than three (3) Flex League sessions, the market you played for a majority of your matches will count towards your point total.
- Universal Tennis has the right to make the final decisions on any and all Flex League match rulings and situations that impact points distributions.
Players who finish in the Top 100 Standings List Leaderboard at the completion of the UTR Flex Leagues National Summer Points Race will receive the below prizes. Leaderboards will be updated starting two weeks after the May 18th start date.
- 1st Place
- Trip for two (2) to the 2022 BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, CA including airfare, two nights hotel, and two (2) tickets for two (2) days during the tournament.
- 2nd Place
- UTR Power Subscription, UTR Jacket, Shirt, Hat, Towel, Case of Diadem Balls, and $100 Tennis Warehouse Gift Card
- 3rd Place
- UTR Power Subscription, UTR Jacket, Shirt, Hat, Towel, Case of Diadem Balls, and $50 Tennis Warehouse Gift Card
- 4th-10th Place
- UTR Power Subscription, UTR Shirt, Hat, Towel, Case of Diadem Balls, and $50 Tennis Warehouse Gift Card
- 11th-50th Place
- UTR Power Subscription, UTR Shirt, Hat, Towel, 2 cans of Diadem Balls, and $25 Tennis Warehouse Gift Card
- 51st-100th Place
- UTR Power Subscription and UTR Shirt
Didn’t place in the top 100 standings? All players who register for three eligible Flex League events during the Points Race with a minimum of 10/12 matches completed will receive a coupon for 50% off any item(s) in the Universal Tennis Shop valid through December 31, 2021.
See Flex League Cities & Register