What are the age and citizenship requirements for competing?
- You must be between the ages of 8-17 years old and be a U.S. citizen or green card holder, with the exception of those that qualify under the 18-Year-Old Junior Rule.
- Three age divisions will be offered (17U, 15U, and 13U) and all players are required to play within their age group based on their age at their designated event start date. Players may not play up in an age division.
- (Example 1: A 15-year-old player must play in the 15U division and is not allowed to play in the 17U division regardless of UTR Rating)
- (Example 2: A 17-year-old player WOULD STILL BE ELIGIBLE in U17 if their birthday is 08/15 and the tournament dates are 08/14-08/16).
What is the 18-Year-Old Junior Rule?
- An 18-year-old player who is still in high school may request wild card entry if they have not yet signed a letter of intent to play for a college tennis program.
- This player must request a wildcard entry by emailing JuniorPath@universaltennis.com.
What if I am 18 and have verbally committed to a college but not signed a letter of intent, can they still be eligible to play?
- Yes. An 18-year-old player who has verbally committed to a college but not signed a letter of intent may request a wildcard entry by emailing JuniorPath@universaltennis.com.