Do I need a minimum UTR Rating to register for regionals?
- No, all players regardless of their UTR Rating may register. However the top 14 players by their Verified Singles UTR Rating (fully reliable) in each age division will be selected to compete once registration closes. Those who register but are not selected to compete will be given a full refund.
- Please note: A player with a projected UTR Rating may be accepted over a fully reliable player at the discretion of Universal Tennis in order to field the most competitive event.
Will any wildcard spots be given out?
- Up to 2 wild card spots may be given by Universal Tennis.
Will there be alternates on the player list? What about on-site for Junior Regionals and Nationals?
- Yes, each event will have an alternate player list for those players who have registered but are not in the top 14 UTR rated players. Prior to the tournament starting, players listed on the alternate list will have the first priority to fill a vacant place due to a withdrawal. Once the tournament begins, on-site alternates are encouraged to sign in. On-site alternates do not have to be registered on the event page. On-site alternates will be taken based on the highest rated player to sign in within the age division.
- Yes, on-site alternates may be accepted. These can be non-entered players who attend the Tournament site to sign-in for the tournament to replace players in the occurrence of last second withdrawals. In order to be eligible as an On-Site Alternate, a player must have a valid account, be above the minimum level required by tournament director closer to the tournament date, sign-In with the Referee at the Tournament site 30 minutes prior to the first match on Day 1 of the tournament, and have paid the entry fee.
- Lucky losers in case of the occurrence of a player dropping out before the playoff round begins may also be accepted.