What is the qualification process for Junior Nationals?
- The winner of each regional tournament for the 17U and 15U divisions will receive an automatic entry to participate in the national tournament plus FREE entry to the College Showcase event which will take place during the two days before the event ($300 value)
- An additional 6 at-large registrants per age/gender division (24 players total) may gain entry into the tournament by registering and being accepted by the highest UTR Rating. Up to 2 wild cards may be given by Universal Tennis.
If a player loses their first match, could they still go on to win regionals or nationals?
- Regionals: Yes. Regionals will begin with a round robin, then progress to a single-elimination tournament.
- Nationals: Yes. Nationals will begin with a round robin, then progress to a single-elimination tournament.
What happens when a player qualifies for the Junior Nationals? And what happens if a player can’t play in it?
- Junior Regional winners (17U and 15U only) will be expected to confirm their participation in the corresponding Junior National Championships by the designated deadline communicated to the winner(s) after completion of the Junior Regional event. If they do not confirm or reject their participation in the Junior National Championship by the designated deadline, their spot will be forfeited.
- If the qualifying player (Junior Regional winner) cannot participate in the Junior National Championships, then the spot will be offered to the runner-up in that region. If the regional runner-up cannot participate in the Junior National Championships, then an additional at-large player will be moved into the draw.
Can a 13U player advance to the Junior Nationals?
- No. This Fall we are not hosting a national championship for 13U but hope to add that with our planned expansion for 2022. 13U's will receive regional winner prizing.