We are excited to announce the new 2023 Flex League City Championships! There are new prizes, additional chances to compete in Verified matches, and a Playoff advancement system.
At the end of each Flex League event, the top two players in each division will qualify for the City Championships, where they will compete in a bracket against other event qualifiers with a similar UTR Rating to be named the Flex League Season Champion. Playoff matchups will be announced and occur after the end of each Season (event sessions 1-4 will compete in Season 1 CC, while event sessions 5-8 will compete in Season 2 CC). City Championship matches are in a Flexible format similar to the regular session matches. All City Championship winners and runner-ups will receive prizes, in addition to bragging rights!
City Championships Rules and Regulations (New for 2023)
1. UTR Sports Flex League City Championships are split into two seasons consisting of four six-week-long sessions.
2. City Championship spots are determined by your first 4 matches played in the Flex League. This does not include Challenge Matches.
3. At the end of the league session, the top two players of each division will qualify for the end-of-season City Championships.
4. Your opponents will be the qualifying players closest to you in UTR Rating. Almost all brackets will be players in the same UTR range - i.e. UTR 4 - 4.9.
5. You must compete in at least two of the four season sessions and complete at least three league event matches to qualify for the City Championships.
6. Your bracket will consist of a four-person bracket with all four players starting in the semi-final round.
7. Flex League Managers may promote players to the City Championships on a need basis.
8. You will have 1.5 weeks to complete each match unless you only have one match, in which case you will have 3 weeks to complete that match.
9. If you need an extension on your City Championships match, it must be approved by your Flex League Manager.
10. Your opponent must be within 2 UTR of you, otherwise, we will select an alternate (a finalist) from another league.
11. For groups of 9+ players, we may choose three players to advance to the City Championships based on results.
12. The same rules and regulations that apply to regular league event matches, apply to season City Championship matches.
13. UTR Sports Flex League managers have the final say on all City Championship decisions.