Interested in exploring Universal Tennis events? Great! First, sign in to your UniversalTennis.com account. Then, you can either visit https://www.universaltennis.com/explore or by clicking in the Search Bar found in the center part of the homepage and choosing the black All Events button:
From either of the above site locations, you will be able to search Universal Tennis events listings by location, date, or event series:
When filtering by location, be sure to click on the name of the town from the drop-down list that appears:
You'll then be able to narrow your search by setting the distance that you are willing to travel from your chosen location:
When filtering by date, you can search Upcoming, Past, or Custom. Choosing Custom will allow you to set an exact date range for searching:
Once you've entered your search criteria, you'll see a list of matching events. You can click on any (or all!) of them to visit their pages and get more details.
To start a new search at any time, click the green reset filters option to the right of the search features and update your search criteria!
Navigating an Event Page
Now that you've found your Universal Tennis event, let's go over a few important parts of an event page that you'll want to check out when shopping for an event.
Verified Status - If you want an event's results to count toward your Verified UTR Rating, you'll want to check its verified status, denoted by the green checkmark at the top of the event page next to the title:
Overview Tab - On the lower half of the page, you'll find the Overview Tab, where you'll see a description of the event, its location, and the event organizer's contact information. Here's a sample event overview:
Players Tab - Next to the Overview Tab is the Players Tab, where you'll see the list of players registered for the event (if the organizer has decided to make the list public). Note that if there are multiple divisions, you can switch between players registered for each using the arrow next to the division name, as shown below:
Draws Tab - Once the organizer has published draws for the event, you'll be able to view them by clicking the Draws Tab (found next to the Players Tab). Again, if there are multiple draws, you can switch between them using the arrow next to the drawing name:
Pro Tip: Here are some questions you may want to know the answers to before registering:
- Is this a level-based tournament, or are competitors divided into categories based on age and/or gender?
- If it is a level-based tournament, am I guaranteed matches with players with UTR Ratings within 1-1.50 of my own? If that doesn't happen, will my entry fee be refunded, or do I risk being flighted with players with UTR Ratings more than 1.50 above or below mine?
- What's the target UTR Rating level of the tournament? Does the event specify what level players should consider entering?
- What's the entry fee?
- When will match times be released?
- What's the maximum size of the draw?
- What's the scoring format (ad/no ad, standard six-game sets or eight-game pro sets, best two of three)?
- Will there be officials? If so, how many?
- Is coaching allowed? If so, when and how?
We've found that players have great experiences when they're fully informed about event details. Remember, if you have any questions about an event after reviewing its page, you can always contact the organizer directly using the phone number or email address they've provided!