UTR Ratings may not always go up with the addition of a few new results due to a combination of factors listed below:
- Since a player's UTR Rating is always calculated based on the current ratings of the recent opponents, a decline in their ratings can have a negative impact on the player's rating as well
- Older results falling off the equation if they were better than the new ones being added
- Less weight given to some good matches results as they get older due to the time degradation factor
- Since the ratings are calculated based on a player's last 30 eligible matches, the addition of a few new matches doesn't have much of an impact on the UTR Rating.
You can check these articles below to know how the algorithm works:
- Understanding the Algorithm - Complete Summary
- How is the UTR Rating calculated?
- What's the best way to improve my UTR Rating?
Looks like something's wrong with your rating? Send us a note here and we'll take a peek!